Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey guys? Can we pull together a quick 10 mil for Hillary?

I heard on the news today that Barack Obama attended a fundraiser event, gave a great speech, and was later reminded by an aide that he had forgotten something. That something?

That Hillary Clinton is still in debt for $10 million, for a campaign that she took on, that everyone wanted her to end, that she carried on for months after the race was really over...

And could use some help paying it back.

What the hell kind of system is it that people chip in to help you pay back $10 million in debt? I have certainly never been in a system like that, though it sounds very nice. Imagine never wanting something, anything at all, from a Porsche to a candy bar, but not getting it because it cost money.

"Hmm... today, I think I'll get a Yellow Porsche convertible and drive it up to my mountain villa to pick up a flat screen television and some high end stereo equipment right before I jet off to the French Riviera. How do I afford it? Who cares? I'll just ask all my friends to pay the bills."

Bad news: everything is nothing. Don't shoot the messenger.

1 comment:

mikelite said...

we still don't have any fucking flying cars either...but seriously, you're right. our political system is a joke. but so much of daily life is out of wack and we have no control over it. dont think about it for too long, your eyes will start to bleed. Just keep watchin that MTV, bitches!